Friday 1 January 2010

Old habits die hard.........

I can't think of a truer saying then this! Only last night(final hour of 2009:) I succumb to the temptations of a 100g packet of rice cakes, 150g(12)oatcakes and brussel sprouts(I can binge on anything). Yes, one binged(ie gorging when not hungry)and I vowed to be more mindful in future. One would suggest it would be easy, being a passionate enthusiast of an ancient Indian discipline and the fresh and natural fruity stuff that not consuming proccessed / cooked foods would be easy, but when you've been using food as an emotional crutch for decades old habits are indeed hard to break. Nonetheless the following day I dutifully practiced this wonderfully uplifting dicipline, breaking my fast with some lovely, fresh juicy apricots and a couple my favourite green apples(all good:)!

Happy New Year, Happy New Decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment